Macy's, Trina Turk x I.N.C. Collection
Graphic blacks. White zebra prints. Ikat patterns.
These are some stylish words that encompass the Trina Turk x I.N.C. collection created exclusively for Macy's!
Macy’s International Concepts INC and Trina Turk launched their 2018 summer capsule line Trina Turk X INC which is only available online and exclusively at 186 Macy’s stores. Fashion designer Trina Turk and photographer husband, Jonathan Skow, worked in collaboration with INC designers to create this collection. The collection embodies Trina and Jonathan's colorful, contemporary and relaxed aesthetic of a true California style. & readers, get ready for some vibrant pieces that will have all eyes on you, when you step out for some summer fun! We are summer swooning over this collection.
Not only were we able to partner with Macy's to showcase the Trina Turk x I.N.C. collection, we also were able to get questions answered by none other than Trina Turk herself about this line!
#somebodypinchme #fashionicon #fangirlmoment
Here are some of the questions we were able to ask Tina <3:
We always love a fashion designer and photographer love story!! What brought you two together?
- "We met in college at the University of Washington in Seattle. We were in fashion illustration, historic costume and textile science classes together. We bonded over a love of fashion, film and thrift shopping."
How have you and Jonathan grown together in fashion design over the years?
- "When we moved to LA in 1985, Jonathan worked as a fashion stylist and I was a designer at Op—Ocean Pacific, the surf wear company. Jonathan switched to photography in the late 90’s, and started designing Mr Turk 6 years ago. Having history that goes back decades means we share many references, experiences and fashion trends—some of which are back again!"
What is the inspiration behind your INC collection with Macy's?
- "We were inspired by the idea of a chic traveler gathering souvenirs, prints and patterns from the myriad of cultures encountered in their journeys."
How vacay chic is this first look? Head to toe Trina Turk x I.N.C. collection from Macy's. This dress is light weight and functional yet fashion forward with its lace up front & its distressed & frayed sleeve holes. This dress is perfection for an all white labor day party and is a classic staple to add to your closet.
& don't forget the Trina Turk x I.N.C. lace up heels and drop earrings to add in those brilliant pops of color! Both the shoes and earrings are AH-MAZING accent pieces. & I seriously can't get over either of these pieces if I'm being honest - both are so much fun and play off of this collection's color scheme beautifully.
We adore this outfit.
- Trina Turk x I.N.C. Linen Blend Lace-Up Dress - $99.50
- Trina Turk x I.N.C. Kanata Two-Piece Sandals - $99.50
- Trina Turk x I.N.C. Beaded Multi-Tassel Drop Earrings - $39.50
Questions with Trina continued <3:
How does this collection differ from other collections you have created?
- "The fit of the garments corresponds to the Macy’s INC fit which has been honed over many years specifically for the INC customer."
What's unique about it that we can make sure our readers are aware of?
- "The capsule collection was designed with summer 2018 in mind. In the women’s collection, we created head to toe looks including fringed shoes and jewelry, swimwear with a coordinating coverup, and ready to wear all revolving around the same graphic black + white zebra and ikat prints. The pop of color comes through in rainbow striped borders, touches of embroidery and a multicolor medallion pattern."
What do you both think of how Instagram & Blogs are now influencing the fashion world?
- "It’s made access to the fashion world much more democratic. If you have great style, you can create a persona, a source of income and perhaps even a brand!"
So Trina and her husband are the coolest and needless to say this partnership with Macy's was an extra special one since we get to communicate with the designer!
This second look we built from the Trina Turk x I.N.C. collection is easy-going chic with these pants that are trendy yet uber-comfy. All you need is a black or white crop top and these pants complete an outfit all on their own.
I wore these pants out to dinner Friday night and received so many compliments!
The gold Trina Turk x I.N.C. Maira Slide Sandals make for a beautiful gold accent in this outfit and we love the layered fringe detailing.
- Trina Turk x I.N.C. Ikat Printed Soft Pants - $99.50
- Trina Turk x I.N.C. Maira Slide Sandals - $79.50
Added bonus! Macy's is having killers sales on their Trina Turk x I.N.C. collection so many of these pieces can be yours at a discounted price! #savingscominginhot #getthemwhileyoustillcan!
Huge thanks to Macy's for continuing on with such a fabulous partnership with denv.her. & for facilitating a Q&A sesh with Trina Turk! What an amazing experience!
Happy shopping denv.her. babes!